Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Robosapien V2 - New Wire Harness


Robosapien V2 - New Wire Harness

February 28 2013

Today I decided to completely rewire the leg harness of the Robosapien V2.

Naturally, the first thing I need to do this work is WIRE.  Thinking about it a little (as well as casting about for suppliers of wire) I finally decided to construct a wiring harness using internal wires from a 10-core cable I can buy at a local electronics store called WECL.

Why, you may ask?

  • The wire is about the right gauge (#22 I think)
  • The wires are multi-coloured, which I hope will reduce the chances of a smoke-out
  • The wires are stranded and can flex repeatedly without fatigue, unlike solid core wire
  • I can buy the cable by the foot and thereby avoid having to purchase 10 x 100 feet of 10 different coloured wire spools to fix a 1 or 2 foot (per color) problem
<place picture of 10 core wire here>

With the outer sheath, RF shielding and paper wrapping removed, what I have left is a lovely bunch of solid colored wires:

<place picture of un-bundled 10 core wire here>

Here's "Mr. Roboto" (gosh, I'm original) with his new, as-yet-uninstalled wiring harness around his neck.



Now onto the actual re-wiring work.

Ready



1 comment:

  1. Nice Post! Good information you shared about importances of using new Wire Harness for creating any electronic devices we need lot of wires and cables. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete